Friday, July 31, 2009

Falling into Empty Waters



:::Falling Into Empty Waters:::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


I slip off a mountaintop;
And plummet to a rushing death.
I wait to see the light
I don’t scream.
I am not afraid of death;
too much.
I wait until suddenly
my face hits water.
My body is sucked under
I can breath.
I watch fish swim by
I am still falling slowly.
Sharks and whales pay no attention to me
I am in a nice place.
When every thing goes dark
only one thing is visible.
A little light moving quickly.
Finally my feet land on the bottom of this empty water.
A hand appears in front of me.
I look at the face
To my surprise
My brother stands there.
I go to take his hand
When a rush of water pushes me.
I try to swim for his outstretched hand.
I am nothing to the water.
I am tossed and turned.
Then I am falling out of the sky.
I look down
There is a face I never got to see.
My sister is skipping to a cliffs edge
and I am next to her?
But I am up here
not down there.
I hit myself as I fall.
Now we are one
Falling again.
I hit the yucky water
dropping deeper and deeper still.
I can’t breath this time.
I hit the bottom of these empty waters.
I fall to my knees gasping for air.
My brother stands in front of me
His hand outstretched.
I take it
My breathing starts up again.
I look around
Not a sound.
I am alone again;
lying in my bed.
Crying.
How I got in my bed I do not know,
all I do know
Is that words are floating to my mind.
In what I imagine my brothers voice would be.
“I love you brother.”

No comments:

Post a Comment